Do you have a property you rent on short term holiday lets?
Do you run a self catering holiday business renting your own or other owner’s properties?
Eight years ago we wrote our first self catering holiday home website which included full booking management facilities with a bookings and property database.
At the time it enabled our client to grow his holiday lettings business significantly. Since then we have created a package solution to help owners and holiday agencies promote and obtain bookings online. At the same time the booking system allows them to easily manage all aspects of their guest’s bookings.
The service is offered as a hosted solution which means it can be used anywhere there is internet access. Indeed a number of our clients use it from different locations to manage their holiday business with minimal effort. As a result the solution is available for an affordable monthly fee.
See our website design and development for holiday rentals page to get more information about some of the functions available.
In today’s world, it is not uncommon to walk down the street and see a person or people carrying on a conversation by texting. Every cell phone retailer offers a plan that makes texting affordable in order to encourage their clients to text the people in their lives.
Text messaging can also be used in the growth of businesses. How is that possible? A text message can originate from either a cell phone or a fixed line (i.e. the promotions department of a business). Texting is a tool that is now widely used by businesses for market research purposes. One field that has benefited extremely from texting is restaurant marketing. Restaurant marketing has taken a huge leap forward through the use of SMS.
For those who are still new to the concept of using text messaging for restaurant marketing purposes, let us explain. Imagine that it is early evening and people are heading out to search for dinner. One group are unsure where to go but one of the people had received a text message at around 5:00pm from one of his preferred restaurants. This told him about a special offer for this evening and so he was able to tell his friends about it so they decided to go to this restaurant. In addition, during the evening a number of the other people in the group decided to sign up for future offers and promotions from the restaurant. So this also increased the size of their opportunity for future messages.
The main advantages of SMS text messaging for restaurant marketing are:
- Ability to promote special events and offers
- Increase frequency of visits for existing customers
- Build loyalty to your restaurant – by regularly sending exclusive offers
- Fill quiet periods in your restaurant
- They are immediate, you can send a lunch text special just before noon
- Can send promotions and coupons to drive traffic to your restaurant
- You are sending information to people that have asked to receive it
- Text messages are usually opened within seconds of receipt
The benefits of SMS text messaging in restaurant marketing are numerous. In fact, the largest hamburger chain in the United States began using SMS messaging during the middle part of 2011 to promote new menu items. Those items now have a popularity all their own showing that SMS messaging brings an advantage to any business wanting to grow.
Due to the never ending changes and improvements in society today, more and more things can be taken care of with just a few clicks on the internet. Making use of the World Wide Web has changed and improved the way business and marketing are done now.
Marketing allows how companies to introduce their products and services to their target customers. This process began with the use of traditional marketing and advertising with companies making efforts to tell people about their products and services. Common forms of traditional advertising include mail shots, posters and making use of radio and TV media. These can all be expensive and difficult to measure.
However, as the use of the internet has grown, businesses of all sizes have seen the potential of these new approaches. Restaurants have been one of the first businesses to exploit the use of online marketing. Particularly since people have adapted to the use of online marketing they are surprised if companies do not use these methods to contact them. For a restaurant they are also generally cheaper and easier to measure compared to traditional advertising.
One aspect that most people consider when it comes to online marketing is the use of email marketing. This type of online advertising is a form of direct marketing with the cost and effort of handling paper mail and postage. Restaurants have been one of the leaders in using email marketing where they can publicise their special events, theme nights and special offers to let their customers know about them. These email marketing strategies can also provide a web page link to the restaurant offer in order for the customers to reserve their place directly online. Discounts and vouchers can also be given via email to encourage customers to fill the restaurant in what would otherwise be quiet times.
The main advantages of using email marketing for restaurants include:
- Cost efficiency and easier to handle (no printing, handling or postage costs)
- Ability to keep in contact with previous customers to encourage them to return
- Opportunity to fill the restaurant in quiet times, by offering discounts and vouchers
- Ability to let more people know about special events and promotions which can be linked to a web page for people to make a simple enquiry or booking
- Responses can be measured and monitored to assess the best approach
- Other approached can easily be trialed and tested to continually improve your marketing
We are a dedicated and enthusiastic team of IT web developers based in Essex. We have been in existence for over 10 years and during this time have undertaken projects with companies in many different industries.
Our particular areas of expertise include:
- holiday solutions, particularly self-catering
- restaurant solutions, focused on helping to fill the restaurant particularly in quiet periods
- Advertising high value products which are not bought online e.g. motor vehicles
- e-commerce solutions covering a large range of products, these can include: physical products to be shipped, software/document products which can be delivered electronically or tickets/bookings where there is a limit to the number that can be sold
In general, no project is too large or small for our dedicated team, so why not give us a call to talk about your assignment?